Building on a strong tradition of innovative thinking, Siemens has designed the next generation of coriolis flowmeters for excellence in performance, safety and user-friendliness: the SITRANS FC430.
The digitally based SITRANS FC430 flowmeter features market-leading compactness, very high accuracy of 0.1%, low pressure loss, extremely stable zero point and best-in class data update with 100 Hz high-speed signal transfer.
Unique support tools provide direct access to all operational and functional data, certificates and audit trails. The SITRANS FC430 is amongst the first Coriolis flowmeters to offer SIL 3 certification on the system, meeting the highest standards of safety and reliability.
With the SITRANS FC430, process optimization has never been easier - or more innovative.
The complete flowmeter system SITRANS FC430 can be ordered for standard, hygienic or NAMUR service. All versions can be ordered for CT service, according to OIML R117 (Liquids other than water).
All compact variants can be validated and configured for SIL2 or SIL3 operation as standard. SIL3 operation requires two flowmeters in series and monitored by a SIL rated control system.
The flowmeter is based on the latest developments within digital signal processing technology – engineered for high measuring performance:
- Fast response to rapid changes in flow
- Fast dosing applications
- High immunity against process noise
- High turndown ratio of flowrates
- Suitable for liquid and gas service
- Easy to install, commission and maintain
FC430 is available as standard with 4-20 mA analog output with HART 7.2. Additional input/output functions can be freely configured for analog, pulse, frequency, relay or status.
The transmitter comes with a user configurable graphical display and new SensorFlash® technology, a micro SD card for configuration backup, firmware update and data storage.
|Flow range (water @ 1 bar pressure loss)||DN15: 3700 kg/h (8157 lb/h)
DN25: 11500 kg/h (25353 lb/h)
DN50: 52000 kg/h (114640 lb/h)
DN80: 136000 kg/h (300000 lb/h)
|Architecture||Compact or remote configuration with selection of twelve languages including Chinese and Russian|
|Display||Full graphical display, 240 x 160 pixels|
|Power Supply||24 to 90 V DC, 100 to 240 V AC|
|Weight||4,6 - 50 kg|
|Materials||Sensor:||Wetted parts: 316L stainless steel
Enclosure: 304 stainless steel
|Transmitter:||Aluminium with corrosion-resistant coating|
|Enclosure rating (IP)||IP 67|
|Pressure ratings||Measuring tubes||100 bar (1450 psi)|
|Sensor enclosure||20 bar (DN15, DN25)
17 bar (DN50, DN80)
|Sensor enclosure burst pressure||>160 bar (all sizes)|
|Temperature ratings||Process medium||-50 to 200 °C (-58 to 392 °F)|
|Ambient||-40 to 60 °C (-40 to 140 °F)|
||Flanges||EN1092-1 B1, EN1092-1 D, ANSI / ASME B16.5, JIS B 2220|
|Pipe threads||ASME B1.20 (NPT), ISO228-1 G (BSPP), VCO Quick-connect|
|Hygienic threads||DIN11851, DIN11864-1, ISO2853, SMS 1145|
|Hygienic clamps||DIN11864-2, DIN32676, ISO2852|
||Hazardous area||ATEX, IECEx, cFMus, NEPSI, CSA, TISS, GOST|
|Pressure equipment||PED, CRN|
|Custody transfer SITRANS FC430||OIML R117|
|Operational safety (compact system only)||SIL2 (Sensor)
SIL3 (Transmitter and redundant system)
|NAMUR||Complying with NE132, NE41|
|I/O||Up to 4 channels combining analog, relay or digital outputs and binary input|
|EMC performance||EN 61326-3-2|
|Mechanical load||18 to 1000 Hz random, 3.17 G rms, in all directions|
- Direct integration - into DCS automation systems via HART 7.2 or as standalone solution
- Safety integration – approved to SIL3 at design level for compact systems (see note)
- Space-saving – remote sensor installation provides opportunity for optimal transmitter location
- SensorFlash® – comprehensive removable memory functions (micro SD card)
- Calibration certificates
- Pressure and material test certificates (as ordered)
- Non-volatile memory backup of operational data
- Transfer of user configuration to other flowmeters
- Mit NAMUR (NE132) – sensor dimensions, transmitter functions, output setups, error handling
- Hygiene approved – EHEDG and 3A approved hygienic sensor. External cleanability, couplings