The SITRANS FCS400 is the market’s most compact sensor. The small size facilitates installation and replacement, and makes it possible to fit multiple units into tight spaces.
At the heart of the compact design is the CompactCurveTM tube shape, offering an accuracy of 0.1% of flow rate and high sensitivity for optimal measurement of even very low flows.
From its short tube length and large bore to its cylindrical frame and hemispherical flow manifold, the SITRANS FCS400 was designed from the ground up with the hallmarks of superior performance and reliability: a very stable zero point, low pressure loss, and high immunity to process noise and plant vibrations.
The sensor frame isolates the metering section from plant vibration by conducting them directly through to adjacent pipeline. Careful mounting of the pipeline with regard to minimizing vibration at the meter will ensure a secure measurement environment.
In order to make a complete flowmeter system, the SITRANS FCS400 flow sensor must be combined with the transmitter SITRANS FCT030.
- High measurement frequency
- High signal to noise ratio
- Digital signal transfer
- SensorFlash® removable SD card transfers setup and operating data
- SIL3 safety integration certified at design level
- Certified for custody transfer
Typical applications: Dosing within chemical industry (dosing of chemicals), Food & beverage industry (beer, juices, liquid such as chocolate, dressings) and Automotive industry (Engine test rigs).
|Flow range||DN15: 3700 kg/h (8157 lb/h)
DN25: 11500 kg/h (25353 lb/h)
DN50: 52000 kg/h (114640 lb/h)
DN80: 136000 kg/h (300000 lb/h)
|Weight||4,6 - 50 kg|
|Material||Wetted parts: 316L stainless steel
Enclosure: 304 stainless steel
|Enclosure rating (IP)||IP 67|
|Pressure ratings||100 bar (1450 psi)|
|Temperature rating||-50 to 200 °C (-58 to 392 °F)|
|Ambient temperature||-40 to 60 °C (-40 to 140 °F)|
||Flanges||EN1092-1 B1, EN1092-1 D, ANSI / ASME B16.5, JIS B 2220|
|Pipe threads||ASME B1.20 (NPT), ISO228-1 G (BSPP), VCO Quick-connect|
|Hygienic threads||DIN11851, DIN11864-1, ISO2853, SMS 1145|
|Hygienic clamps||DIN11864-2, DIN32676, ISO2852, SMS 1145|
||Hazardous area||ATEX, IECEx, FM, NEPSI, CSA, TISS, GOST|
|Pressure equipment||PED, CRN|
|Compact system SITRANS FC430||OIML R117|
|Certificates||ATEX, IECEx, FM, NEPSI, CSA, TISS, GOST, PED, CRN, 3A, EHEDG|
|Compact system SITRANS FC430||OIML R 117|
- Compactness – enabling smaller and more efficient plant or skid layout and construction
- Flexibility – available from DN15 to DN80 ensuring a broad application fit
- Easy installation– with a wide range of standard flange, thread and hygienic connectors
- High capacity– flow rates from 20 kg/h up to 905000 kg/h provide application in many processes
- High accuracy– ±0.1% achieved at up to 100 bars and 200 °C
- “Plug & Play” – with pre-configured sensor cable
- Digitally reliable– all primary process variables are digitally transferred to the transmitter