The Siemens FUS-LDS Leak Detection System offers a complete software and hardware solution for liquid pipelines. The FUS-LDS uses clamp-on ultrasonic flowmeters mounted directly onto the pipeline. SIMATIC WinCC leak detection software monitors all flowmeters and pipeline segments, serving as a quick and reliable way for the pipeline operator to detect and localize leaks.
The FUS-LDS does not require continuous operator attention, because the alarm thresholds are pre-set and alert the operator when attention is needed. The system also has the ability to detect very small leaks by allowing the operator to utilize “visual trending.” A fully optimized system eliminates the occurrence of false alarms.
This system lives up to the requirements of pipeline companies and regulatory agencies while ultimately satisfying one major goal: providing users and the community with peace of mind.
SITRANS FUS-LDS Leak Detection catalog sheet
Minimum Computer Requirements
|Monitor||19 inch flat screen|
|CPU||Intel Pentium IV|
|Clock speed||3.0 GHz|
|Hard drive||60 MB|
|Optical storage||8X DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive|
|USB ports||4 total (2 front/2 back)|
|Serial ports||2 DB-9 ports as COM1 and COM2|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows XP Professional|
|Keyboard||USB standard keyboard|
|Mouse||USB optical 2 button scroll mouse|
|AC power cable||5 foot minimum length|
|Modem||Internal 56K V.92 modem|
- Complete software and hardware solution offering the user a single supplier responsibility
- Real-time detection of small and large unauthorized product releases for both dynamic and static flow conditions
- Protection against product theft
- SIMATIC WinCC’s advanced Graphic User Interface (GUI) allows for pipeline status identification without constant operator monitoring
- Easily accessible pipeline performance data facilitating multiproduct identification, batch tracking and pig tracking
- Segment feature allows user to highlight specific flowmeter or line segment to obtain real-time information via software pop-up screens
- Meets API 1130 “Computational Pipeline Monitoring for Liquid Pipelines” and PHMSA 195.444 CPM Leak Detection requirements for safety, helping to protect the environment and limit contamination issues