MFA 4p motion failure alarm controller is a highly sensitive single setpoint motion sensor system, used with Milltronics MSP and XPP probes.
The MFA 4p detects changes in the motion and speed of rotating, reciprocating or conveying equipment. It warns of equipment malfunction and signals through contacts to shut down machinery in case of a slowdown or failure. Its reliability makes it a cost-effective way to protect valuable process equipment.
The single setpoint system suits most industrial applications. This versatile unit can be used on tail pulley shafts, driven pulleys, motor shaft sensing, belt or drag conveyors, screw conveyor flights, bucket elevators, fans and pumps.
A special feature is the adjustable 0 to 60 second time delay, allowing the monitored device to accelerate to normal running speed before monitoring begins. A wide range of probes are available to suit specific needs, including high temperatures, corrosive, and Class I, II and III installations. The CE approval allows the MFA 4p to consistently meet the needs of the mining aggregate, cement and other primary and secondary industries.
Key Applications: tail pulleys, motor shaft sensing, screw conveyor flights, bucket elevators
- Up to 100 mm (4") gap between target and probe
- Switch selectable overspeed or underspeed detection
- Setpoint adjustment 2 to 3000 PPM (pulses/minute)
- Adjustable start-up time delay
- Visual indication of probe operation and relay status
- General purpose, suitable for majority of industrial applications; rugged probe designs provide unmatched reliability